Maternity knit dress

Hi everyone,

It's been a while since I've posted and I thought I'd break the silence. I've been quite busy as you can see growing a little one inside. Prior to that I decided to take a step back from sewing to focus on school and because I had such a hectic time early last year sewing my life away. I took on a job that was probably too challenging even though I enjoyed it. The time and effort I poured into it really sucked at my spirit and love for sewing. I am slowly but surely sewing and finding that joy again.

So here I am showing of my baby bump in a woven lace printed dress with a significant amount of stretch. This was the second maternity dress I made to accommodate my growth. Here I used McCall's M6886 with about 6" extra added just below the waistline if the pattern to be gathered at the side. It was a quick and easy make and the beauty is really found in the fabric.

The photo was by a friend EJ.

Thanks for reading, God bless!

Comments

  1. Congrat on your impending mother hood and I love the dress. The fabric is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Ari! You look so beautiful :) I love your pretty dress and fabric choice xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Hana.... I hope all is well. I see you're sewing away as usual :)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts