31.1.13

Fitted Ponte colour block dress

I'm pretty fond of the recent trend of colour blocked dresses especially those with curved seams. I wanted to try it out and I knew it would have been easier to start with a stretch knit fabric. I used Ponte knit as I am a big fan of it. It's actually in #1 spot right now for Fabric Favorites. I self drafted a knit pattern, back and front then I simply drew where I wanted the curves to be at the back of the dress. For the front I did princess seams, though a plain one piece front would have worked. I was a little confused with what to do with the sleeves as I wanted the black to extend to wide shoulders. I did some tulip sleeves that stand out quite a bit due to the nature of the fabric and the pattern cut. 









I really enjoyed making the dress and I encourage you all to give one a try. Burdastyle has two really lovely patterns with the curved seams (well two that I know of)
Enjoy, God bless!

2 comments:

  1. This is absolutely stunning it fits so nicely with your great figure!! Love it and the colour is amazing! Hey thanks for being my 100th follower too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Congrats on your 100th milestone. You did will to earn it!

      Delete